Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dillon Lake - 2

Here are some shots not used in the original post yesterday.

Both obviously realized they had allowed themselves to get in a dangerous
position with their flightless goslings, out in the middle of the lake with no
cover.  I was not a threat, as I was still some distance away when this picture
was taken, but just seeing me near made them concerned.  Mom was head-down
and in overdrive.  The gander was determined to stay between me and his
family.  Not wanting to cause them undue concern, and not wanting to get
beaten about the head and shoulders, I veered away to give them room.  They
worked closer to shore and cover.
 
The blue heron hunting in the shallows, just before I got the shot of it taking off.
 
Wild wisteria growing along the shore.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment