Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Passing of Men and Seasons

Derek Charles Hutchison
Photo: University of Sea Kayaking
 
I learned today of Derek Charles Hutchison’s passing. He’s known to many folks as the father of modern sea kayaking. I have a DVD of his from the University of Sea Kayaking. Many of the things we today take for granted, like bulkheads and sealing deck hatches, we can thank him for.





Late season nectar from a Russian Sage.
 
I’m shot. It’s been a long day with sandpaper and paint brush in hand. We’ve had several of these. Yes, I’m being evasive. I don’t want to jinx it, but maybe we’ll have good news in a week.



 
Besides paint and varnish, we, the bees and I, have been tending to the last of the flowerbeds. We’ve already had a few freezing nights, so it’s time to get the beds tilled, mulched, and readied for the long winter.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment