Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

It was great. Only two days, but I did three lakes. The conditions were ideal. How often can you say that!?. The promised weather started a turn, so I decided to come home while still only a hundred miles away. I returned tired, but really satisfied.

The first order of business is tending to the canoe and truck. It has been five weeks since either has had a good cleaning. Besides what time we managed to get in on the water, 4,000 miles over land has done a job on them.

Then it will be a matter of going through the 267 photographs I have. Some will be culled, as I frequently took multiple shots, and they will all have to go through Photoshop for cropping, etc. That will take awhile, but I’m really looking forward to seeing how some of them worked out.

One of the things I really enjoy, besides the time on the water and the wildlife I find, is trying to get an understanding of the history of the area I‘m paddling. Whose footsteps am I walking in? That would be Gen. George Custer over the last couple days. How did they live, survive? What were the trials of their daily lives? I find it really enriches the experience, and my hope is that you enjoy the stories as well.
Cheers, jim

No comments:

Post a Comment