Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Going Paddling

Oklahoma Mass-Transit

Nah, just kidding.  But, since we've been on the topic of Oklahoma the last couple days, this is actually a display at the Major County Museum.  The steam engine is supposedly still operational.  The Gulf Oil fuel truck is a Chevy.  They moved it here from anotlher location a couple years ago.  I was there for that when they lifted it onto a long trailer.  They took that very slowly; I mean it's solid steel, of course.  They had to move the coal car and locomotive separately.  Each was lifted off the tracks by two cranes just enough to back the trailer underneath.

Anyhow, if you think I've run off my tracks and gotten far afield of paddling, not so.  Honest.  I went out for my endurance ride today with the wind still around 20 kts.  After yesterday, I did my 7.5 miles and called it a day.  As soon as I got home, however, I loaded the gear and stripper Micmac canoe.  The wind is supposed to be reasonale on the lake tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment